Ahad, 20 November 2011

Weekend Outdoor Activity

Last Saturday I went to Broga Hill for some outdoor activities-hiking. This is my first time in my life-real hiking, yes, I was never climb a mount/hill before. It is so amazing and adventurous. Now I can imagine how challenging and how people feel struggling to reach the highest peak; especially mount climbing (> than 500m).

So, we have decided to depart from our college at 4 am in the morning, so we dont want to miss the sun rise view from top of the hill. It is dark, therefore, torch light is very useful due to safety. The hill is steep and at some part, there are trenches. So better careful. It takes about an hour to reach the first plateau.

Even we start climbing early in the morning, there are a lot of people who also have the same mission with ours. In many level, youll see a group of person rest for a while-you are not alone. Some are they are very helpful. Most of them are college student-like my age. Even the hill is only 400m height, but as for me its sufficient to test our mental and physical.

When I arrived at the first peak, I was suprised that there are crowds of people here. Some of them resting, chit chating, I also saw tents. Maybe they stay for couple of days. I arrived at 6:00 am and pray fajr (subuh) jamaah at the plateau (also first time at high altitude). From here it is visible to see the Broga town with lights and other places (i dont exactly know, KL i guess). Its a very nice terrain like viewing the Google Earth at ground level.

I was informed that there is 4 plateau for Broga Hill. So I have completed all four 'checkpoint' to search a better view when the sun come up. The most amazing yet nice view is the third peak. Because blady grass is everywhere. So it looks like european grassland mountain or savannah-I suppose. Truly, this is so cool!


To accomplished the fourth peak, the true challenge is around the corner. First, the surface is mainly covered with rocks and extra careful needed-because rocky surface is more slippery than soil. At the last stage, there are big rocks that blocking your way up, therefore you need to climb with rope (much easier) and at this point, some people there help me up. (thanks bro). For me, thats is the most exciting moment. And our prize is-> sun rise and 400m sign board which give us 'certificate' that we have owned Broga Hill! Ya-ha!



p/s: terasa seronok juga mendaki. Addicted. heh.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan